Request help for yourself, or on behalf of someone else

Who can request help?

All former members of the Royal Observer Corps are eligible for assistance from the Benevolent Fund. Length of service is not a consideration, except that the person requiring help must have served long enough to have received their ROC Official Number. You may not know this, but eligibility also extends to their dependants.

What help may be provided?

We will consider all requests for help. In recent years, we have helped former members and their dependants with requests ranging from housing, disabled facilities and financial assistance to care homes and respite care, household goods, medical needs and mobility issues.

If you are unsure whether we might be able to help, or unclear about the help that we do provide, please do get in touch. We will consider your request carefully and confidentially and do all that we can to help.

Are you assisting someone in need of help?

If you are assisting someone in need of help, please provide as much information as you can via any of the methods listed on our Request Help page. Do confirm that you have the person’s permission to send on their details and request help on their behalf, as we are unable to respond to such requests without the subject's permission.